Register at LJD
In order to secure a nursery place at our nursery we advise interested parents to come make contact in order to express:
● The desired start date
● The age of the child
● A viewing will then be arranged dependent on availability, during this time you will be shown around the nursery. At this stage, there will be an informative guided tour and opportunities to ask any questions and meeting with the staff will be possible.
● According to availability, a nursery place will be offered and parents have the opportunity to secure this by paying a fee to reserve the place.
● The nursery start date is negotiated and nursery place is confirmed upon payment.
● A settling in period takes place, whereby, the new child attends with their parents as a ‘safe base’ for a few hours at a time and this is gradually done without the parents to allow them time to settle into the nursery.
● The child then starts at the nursery
A Typical Day at LJD
8:00 - 9:00 Breakfast
9:00 - 9:30 Circle Time
9:30 - 10:00 Older Children buy morning snack in the market (Baby naptime)
10:00 - 10:30 Morning Snack
10:30 - 11:30 Focused Activities/ Free Flow
10:55 - 11:15 Story Time
11:15 - 11:30 Outdoor / Free play
11:30 - 12:15 Lunchtime
12:15 - 14:00 Naptime
14:00 - 15:00 Free Play *
15:00 - 15:30 Afternoon Snack
15:30 - 16:30 Focused Activities/ Free Flow
16:30 - 17:00 Outdoor Play/ Free Play
17:00 - 17:30 Tea Time
17:30 - 18:00 Free Play *
Free play means that children choose the activities they would like to play with and staff stimulate them by asking key questions and encouraging dialogue which is a great way to encourage language development and imagination.